Spring is here! The sky is bluer, the sun is brighter, the days are longer and the birds are joyfully singing every morning. What a wonderful season to enjoy Korcula Island!
1) The warmer weather in Korcula without the sweltering heat of summer and the light breeze, provides favourable conditions for active pursuits such as cycling, walking & hiking.
2) Avoid the summer crowds and enjoy the relaxed ways of island life. Wander the narrow alleyways of the Old Town without jostling for photograph space or join the locals savoring their mid-morning coffee.
3) Appreciate the beauty of nature, as the spring flowers and blossom begin to show their true colours, the animals awaken from their winter slumber and the hunt for wild asparagus commences.
4) Renting accommodation on Korcula is significantly cheaper throughout the spring months, so your holiday needn’t break the bank.
5) Either participate in or cheer on the participants at this year’s Marco Polo Challenge taking place on 26 April. As well as the Olympic/Sprint triathlon, you can also compete in the 10km race.
6) If you’re looking for an R & R break, simply enjoy the fine weather with a good book in one hand, a glass of Posip wine in the other in the chilled surroundings of your balcony or on the beach. This is the time for al-fresco dining as well.
7) The celebrations on Korcula during Easter are incredible. The solemn procession of the Brotherhoods around Korcula Old Town on Good Friday is particularly memorable.
9) Ok, so you may not always miss the spring showers but there are plenty of things to do inside. Explore the museums, churches and cathedral of St Mark or take a dip in the indoor swimming pool in Korcula.
10) Enjoy the opening summer festivals of a number of towns and villages on Korcula Island, including Korcula, Lumbarda and Vela Luka. This marks the start of several months celebrating the island’s traditions and culture with wine-tasting, fisherman evenings, musical performances and various sporting activities.