We always encourage people to step onto the less beaten track and love to help people visiting Korcula do that. We were contacted recently by a group who certainly put us to the test, with some tough criteria to arrange a tour to explore Korcula.
- With only a short time on the island, the tour should be a maximum of 5 hours (excluding visiting Korcula Old Town)
- Not too much walking but not too much time in the car
- Suit all 12 people on the tour’s likes and dislikes – a mixture of children and adults
- To show them the most dramatic scenary, spectacular view points & scenic villages of Korcula!
Now, this might not sound like much of a challenge, it’s a small island and you can drive from one end to the other in just over an hour. However this won’t necessarily take you to and through the main vantage points and spending over 2 hours in a car isn’t the funnest way to spend one day on Korcula. Also choosing the most beautiful spots of Korcula is like asking the unanswerable question. The island is full of spectacular places!
So after a series of emails back and forth we are pretty pleased with what we arranged:-
- Short drive from Korcula to Zrnovo and walk to Kocje, providing beautiful views across the Peljesac channel to the mainlaind before arriving at and exploring the nature park with it’s fascinating rock formations.
- Drive from Zrnovo to Smokvica, taking in the spectacular views from the high up vantage point of the mountain road out to the Adriatic Sea and Pupnatska Luka, allowing time to explore the quaint rural villages of Cara and Smokvica, sample some locally produced Posip wine and time for a picnic.
- Back in the car for a drive to Racisce, our favourite village on the island, with time to wander around the quaint fishing village and taking a stroll to the stunning Vaja beach, the perfect spot for dramatic scenary.
- Finally easy journey back from Racisce to Korcula absorbing the amazing views along the coastal road via Kneze.
Tour complete! Hopefully the group will enjoy themselves as much as we did putting the plan together and the various locations we love to explore. Will be sure to let you know whether we fulfilled their requests!
If you fancy a tailored made tour of Korcula, just let us know what you like and what you want to see and we will be happy to help arrange it.